Tis’ the season for Candied Apples! These are flying off the shelves at the store, but they are just as easy to make at home! Even better your whole family can join in on the fun!
These apples are the perfect way to embark on creativity adding some of your favorite toppings to them. We love enjoying candied apples each fall. The perfect treat after a fall hayride or cookout!
What recipe from their Halloween ideas do you want to try?
Cooking Light: Candied Apples
- Cooking Spray
- 8 Red Delicious Apples Stemmed
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Light Colored Corn Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Cinnamon Decorator Candies
- 8 6 Inch Dowel Rods
- Start by lining a baking sheet with foil and coating witht he cooking spray. Insert the 6 inch dowel rod into each steam end of the apple. Repeat this for each apple.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and candies in a small saucepan cooking over medium heat and stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Once it dissolves let it sit without stirring until the candy thermometer shows 300*. This takes about 8 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Hold 1 apple by it's dowel road and dip into the syrup and tilt the pan to be sure and cover the entire apple. Quickly turn the apply to coat evenly and let the excess drip back into the pan.
- Repeat this for each apple.
- Place the apples on the prepared baking sheet dowel side up to harden.
Recipe Source: Cooking Light Candied Apples
Disclosure: All photos and recipe are rights to Cooking Light. I am a blog partner with them.