Most of you know that I am not a big fish eater. The only reason I occasionally eat it is because it’s said to be healthy for me! I try to make it as least fishy as possible.
I recently received Cod from the Alaskan Fish Marketing Group. I have seen so many advertisements at local fast food restaurants on fish sandwiches that I thought we would try one as well. This was very tasty; however, it was a bit on the fishy side. I believe it was simply that I have never tried cod before so it was a different taste for me.
My husband thought it was delicious, plus it was healthy!
Cod Fish Sandwiches
- 4 Cod Fish Fillets I used 2 6oz Fillets and cut them in 1/2
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fat Free Tarter Sauce
- In a large skillet begin to heat the olive oil. Use enough to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Using 2 bowls, pour the flour in 1 bowl then mix the bread crumbs and the pepper in another bowl. Coat the fish with flour then with the breading mixture and place in the heated oil. Cook this on each side until well browned. The fish should easily flake with a fork. I cooked this about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- If you prefer you can use egg as well to dip the fish in so that the breading sticks. I just worked with the fish a few minutes and the breading stuck to it fairly well. I preferred doing this over adding egg to the recipe.
- Top this fish over the lettuce and tomato on a bun. Use tarter sauce to add a little extra flavor.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
You left Fish out of your ingredients.
Mommy Hates Cooking says
Haha!! Well, there is a first! Thanks, updated!
That’s one way to take the fish taste out of cod….leave it out of the ingredients 🙂 Thanks!
LOL!! So true!
Christine @knapkins_com says
Hi Kristy, Your Cod Fish Sandwiches recipe has been selected to be featured in a Recipe Guessing Game. Please share the following link with your friends and fans. To play, go here: http://knapkins.com/guess_games/164?source=blog Congrats again!! 🙂