Classic Banana Bread
One of my favorite treats during the fall is Banana Bread, plus my picky eater will eat it too which makes it even better!
I decided to try out a new recipe for Banana Bread this week that I saw over on Cooking Light. I have had this recipe planned to make for a while now but it seemed like it kept getting pushed back the more busy our days have been.
This past weekend though, I knew I had to make this! I had bananas that needed to be used up, plus I was craving some delicious bread for breakfast with my coffee.
It only takes a few minutes to put together this bread and uses exactly what you have in your pantry. I made this gluten free by simply switching out my flour to a gluten free all purpose flour.
Are you ready for a bite of this delicious treat? I say pour a glass of coffee and enjoy!
Classic Banana Bread
- 2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Mashed Ripe Banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1/3 Cup Plain Greek Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe Source: Cooking Light
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.