Christmas Tree Fruit Pizza is the perfect dessert for the holidays.
This post is part of the SPLENDA® 365 SWEET SWAPS™ Blogger Program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
Several years ago, my sister first introduced me to the wonderful world of fruit pizza! Since that time, I was constantly asking her for a fruit pizza for my birthday ‘cake’ each year because it was just that good!
This year as Christmas approaches, I have several family members that would love delicious treats but they need them with low sugar.
That led me to this Christmas Tree Fruit Pizza replacing some of the sugar with SPLENDA®.
I decided to make a Sweet Swap in this recipe and replace the sugar for SPLENDA® in the crust of the fruit pizza.
This meant that I replaced both the white sugar and brown sugar with the SPLENDA® Granulated Sugar and the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend.
It was simple to replace this using the chart on the back of the package.
The granulated sugar is an equal 1 cup = 1 cup switch, the Brown Sugar Blend is a bit different but easy to navigate with the chart on the package.
As far as the whipped topping, I used a basic store bought whipped topping; however, by cutting down the sugar in the actual crust that allowed many of my family members to enjoy this tasty treat too.
Plus, it’s very hard to go to Christmas parties and say no to all those sweet treats, isn’t it? It is for me anyway!
This can also be made totally gluten free too by using a gluten free flour for the crust.
Once I had the dough made for the crust, I simply rolled it out and free handed cutting out a Christmas Tree.
It does not have to be perfect because you will be covering it up with whipped topping and fruit.
The end result is this delicious Christmas Tree Fruit Pizza that your friends and family will love!
Are you ready for a bite? I am!
Be sure to submit your own SPLENDA® 365 Sweet Swaps recipe to the Tumblr site, plus check out even more tasty recipes there too! This simple Sweet Swap significantly reduced the added sugar and calories to this recipe!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Christmas Tree Fruit Pizza
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Cups SPLENDA® Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 12 oz Container of Whipped Topping
- Variety of Fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Begin by making the crust, combine the butter, sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Once the dough is well combined, roll it out onto a large floured surface and cut out the Christmas Tree Shape. At this point, you can make sugar cookies from the remaining dough.
- Place it on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly browned.
- Let it cool completely before moving to a tray for decorating.
- Once cooled completely, evenly frost it with the whipped topping and add the fruit.
- Cut and Serve.