A few weeks back I mentioned my plea for help for my picky eater, then I decided to make these waffles! As my son ate these zucchini filled waffles, I was secretly singing songs of victory in my head. This was likely the first time he really ate any veggie in a long while. He refuses to eat veggies!
So, I was so excited thinking I found a solution…then the next day…he didn’t like them anymore. Now, back to my picky eater frustrations again!
Luckily though my husband and I loved these and thought they were great for breakfast or in our case breakfast for dinner! I like to add just a little bit of chocolate chips to give it a boost of fun flavor. How could you go wrong with waffles when chocolate is involved?
What I love about adding zucchini is that you cannot taste the zucchini but you are still getting the nutrients from it! Perfect combo!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Waffles
- 1 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Cups of Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, I use Better Batter.
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Zucchini
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar Optional
- I started by preheating the waffle iron. Then, I mixed the ingredients in order in a stand mixer, folding in the chocolate chips at the end.
- I poured a small amount of the mixture over the waffle iron until the green light comes on and the waffles are done.
- Simply follow the instructions with your waffle maker.
- Serve them sprinkled with a little powdered sugar, syrup, butter, or your favorite toppings!
- Makes 8
Enjoy and maybe your picky eaters will like these!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.