A few weeks back I mentioned my plea for help for my picky eater, then I decided to make these waffles! As my son ate these zucchini filled waffles, I was secretly singing songs of victory in my head. This was likely the first time he really ate any veggie in a long while. He refuses to eat veggies!
So, I was so excited thinking I found a solution…then the next day…he didn’t like them anymore. Now, back to my picky eater frustrations again!
Luckily though my husband and I loved these and thought they were great for breakfast or in our case breakfast for dinner! I like to add just a little bit of chocolate chips to give it a boost of fun flavor. How could you go wrong with waffles when chocolate is involved?
What I love about adding zucchini is that you cannot taste the zucchini but you are still getting the nutrients from it! Perfect combo!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Waffles
- 1 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Cups of Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, I use Better Batter.
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Zucchini
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar Optional
- I started by preheating the waffle iron. Then, I mixed the ingredients in order in a stand mixer, folding in the chocolate chips at the end.
- I poured a small amount of the mixture over the waffle iron until the green light comes on and the waffles are done.
- Simply follow the instructions with your waffle maker.
- Serve them sprinkled with a little powdered sugar, syrup, butter, or your favorite toppings!
- Makes 8
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Enjoy and maybe your picky eaters will like these!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
Starving the picky eaters in your life is definitely not an option 😉 Thank you for this great Solution! Your son Another picky eaters in your life might like this one as well: http://www.bitememore.com/feedme/20/sweet-carrot-pudding-with-brown-sugar-drizzle-recipe