I was just so sure I had shared this recipe before then I realized I hadn’t! I have no idea why because we eat these all the time, they are my favorite waffles. These are so easy to make, plus I like to make large batches of these then freeze them and warm them up in the mornings. It makes for an inexpensive, homemade version of freezer waffles.
These would also be perfect for Christmas morning breakfast sprinkled with powdered sugar or ‘snow’. I make these gluten free just by using gluten free all purpose flour; however, you can also make them gluten filled with regular flour. I simply use a basic waffle recipes then add in the chocolate chips making this very versatile to add in what you have on hand for your waffles.
Enjoy this tasty breakfast treat!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Chocolate Chip Waffles
- 1 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Cups of Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, I use Better Batter.
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar Optional
- I started by preheating the waffle iron. Then, I mixed the ingredients in order in a stand mixer, folding in the chocolate chips at the end.
- I poured a small amount of the mixture over the waffle iron until the green light comes on and the waffles are done.
- Simply follow the instructions with your waffle maker.
- Serve them sprinkled with a little 'snow' if you would like and syrup.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
do you have a recipe for chicken salad