This past week I have been learning all about cold brew iced coffee. Essentially cold brew is exactly that pouring water over the coffee and letting it sit in the fridge for an extended period of time to brew instead of using hot water. I decided to try making cold brew using the instructions on this post from The Creative Princess.
It’s really pretty isn’t it? My husband was at a loss as to what this was in our fridge when he came home! I know he enjoyed it later though once I explained what I was doing.
I let this sit overnight, then I strained the coffee in order to remove the grounds. Next, I placed the rest in a pitcher and one ice cube tray to make some coffee ice cubes!
Once I was done, I was able to make a delicious coffee using cold brew which actually is much more subtle taste than using the hot coffee over ice. The hot coffee is a bit more bitter. I’m guessing another reason for the taste being not as bitter is that it is sitting for a while before using it.
This recipe is essentially a normal iced latte; however, I added the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough syrup from Torani. This can be found online, although I found it at a local restaurant supply store.
Enjoy this delicious start to your day!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Iced Latte
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Syrup
- Coffee Ice Cubes
- Chocolate Chips Optional
- 1/2 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- In a glass of your choice add about a 1/2-1 inch of the syrup. This will vary depending on how sweet you want it to taste.
- Next add in a few of the coffee ice cubes, then pour in the coffee taking the ingredients to the half way point of your glass. Finish it off with milk.
- Using a stand mixer, mix together the ingredients for the whipping cream until it's fully whipped together. Then, I use a decorators bag and Wilton 1M tip to do the whipped cream.
- Top it with whipped cream and a few chocolate chips! Enjoy!