It’s time to pack lunches and this Chocolate Chip & Oat Granola is a great addition to lunch time!
Back to School season is here and that means so is packing lunches for the kids. Do you like to put a little something extra sweet in their lunches? I sure do!
My kids love a sweet treat and it’s always nice when I can make it a little better for them too.
I made this granola with Bob’s Red Mill Oats in the gluten-free variety.
This was granola that you just can’t stay out of. It was so delicious.
I adapted this recipe and added a few extras that we love, it can be made into bars but they crumble easily so we liked to use it as granola instead.
We cut them as bars though first, then crumbled them as we served them. Then, it can be mixed into yogurt or topped with milk too.
Of course, you can eat it as is too, which was the preference with my kids.
One thing I love about using oats is how versatile they are, we use them in so many things including dinner too.
The gluten-free oats are sourced and then packaged in a 100% gluten-free facility and tested during each step to ensure that they are certified gluten-free.
This is wonderful for my family since both my son and I are gluten-free. He was ecstatic to hear that he could enjoy this granola too.
I made the granola with the rolled oats, which are flat oats.
I like to use steel cut oats though for baked oatmeal, that is a go-to for us during the fall. Steel cut oats make for a more chewy texture.
Now, as we head back to school this granola is going to be a frequent rotation in our home especially with how versatile it is, you can add all sorts of favorites to it like raisins and different types of nuts too.
We decided to stick with oats, chocolate chips, and peanut butter.
I even had family over that couldn’t stay out of it either.
Are you ready for back to school?
Be sure to let Bob’s Red Mill help you get back to school with ease plus use this coupon to save!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Chocolate Chip & Oat Granola
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the oats, sugar, and peanut butter. Cream these together.
- Mix in the cinnamon, flour, raisins, salt, honey, and egg.
- Mix well then add the oil and vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into a rectangular shape onto the parchment paper.
- Baked for 30-35 minutes until lightly hardened.
- Slice into squares or rectangles if you want to make bars as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Let cool completely before serving.