As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I recently posted on Facebook about my new Italian Cookbook by Anne Sheasby. I bought this book at a local book fair. I have to admit I was drawn into the cookbook by the pictures, the food looks delicious!
My first recipe to try was Pasta with Tomato and Chili Sauce. I did adapt this recipe a bit more so with the ingredients than the method. This book frequently calls for Passata, the more research I did on this ingredient it appeared that it could easily be substituted for pasta sauce. In this case that was much easier for me to do and end up with a very good result.
- 1 Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2/3 Cup White Wine
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Red Chili
- 16 oz Penne Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Flakes, divided
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large sauce pan, bring the pasta sauce, garlic, wine, paste, and chili to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Once simmered, remove the chili and add 1/2 Tbsp of Parsley. This will sit aside until the pasta is ready; however, it’s a good idea to be cooking the pasta noodles at the same time.
- Cook the penne pasta as instructed on the package and drain.
- Mix the pasta and the sauce then sprinkle the garlic powder and garlic salt to taste. I would mix this then taste it to see if it had enough garlic for my taste or not, you will want to do the same.
- Serve with remaining parsley topped over each serving along with cheese.
This turned out to be a good meatless dish; however I think it would pair nicely with grilled chicken and salad.