Enjoy a filling breakfast or dinner with these Chicken & Waffle Sandwiches! This was originally posted several years ago but has since been updated.
It seems I hear about the Chicken & Waffle combination everywhere lately, and yet I’ve never actually tried it. Shocker, isn’t it? I just never would have thought to combine chicken with waffles, but I have had it on my list to try for a while now. I finally decided to make my own version of Chicken & Waffles, but I wanted to add a nice big egg right on top!
I decided to use Belgian Style Buttermilk Waffles, Oven Fried Chicken Breast, and top it with two Poached Eggs.
Heaven. Yes, Heaven. I have no idea how I’ve missed out on Chicken & Waffles all my life, but I will not miss out anymore. My husband and I absolutely loved this combination. There is something about all the flavors that just go so well together. Then, the egg was like the icing on the Chicken & Waffle Cake! Now it may not be super healthy, but on a splurge day, it’s the best splurge there is!
As far as the serving size on these, I would say that two Chicken & Waffle Egg Sandwiches would actually serve four due to the sheer size of Belgian waffles. We cut ours in half and they are still huge! My kids have grown to love these too and nowadays we use fresh eggs from our backyard. That’s a perk of raising your own chickens, right? I’m anxious to get our garden started for the summer too, then we can top it with some fresh tomatoes.
Is your mouth watering yet? Time for this delicious treat!
Now, it’s time to sit back and enjoy this tasty meal. I have to say this is certainly one of my husband’s favorites!
Chicken & Waffle Egg Sandwiches
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts Flattened
- 1 ⁄2 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 ⁄4 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1 ⁄2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 4 Belgian Style Buttermilk Waffles
- 2 Oven Fried Chicken Breasts
- 4 Poached Eggs
- 1. Begin by making the chicken, and preheat the oven to 400°. Combine the flour, salt, paprika, pepper and mix well. Dip each chicken breast in the flour mixture. Place the chicken breasts on a greased cooking sheet and bake for 20 minutes; then turn and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until done.
- 2. While the chicken is cooking, combine the ingredients for the waffles, and then continue on making the Belgian Waffles, per the instructions on your Belgian Waffle Maker. This recipe should make 4 waffles.
- 3. Place one chicken breast on one waffle and the other on another waffle.
- 4. Once the waffles and chicken are complete, it’s time to prepare the eggs. Crack one egg in a bowl. Warm up about 2 cups of water in a saucepan until it starts to boil; then pour in the egg. Let it cook for just about 3 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of the chicken breast. Continue this process for additional eggs to put two on top of each chicken breast.
- 5. Once you have the eggs on top of the chicken, simply add another waffle on top; then cut in half and serve.