I have just recently been introduced to popovers, apparently here in the Midwest they are not nearly as common as up north. I find that sort of funny because we love anything with bread in the Midwest!
As soon as I saw them, I knew that I had to try them. I also thought they would be perfect for kids like my son who seems to like anything in muffin form. I do not have a popover pan so I just used a muffin tin; however, a popover pan is now on my list to purchase!
To make these I decided to stuff them with my Dill Chicken Salad and then bake them to perfection! Not only that, I also made these gluten free by using Better Batter All Purpose Gluten Free Flour! The result? Perfect! My husband who is not gluten free loved them just as much as I did. Remember if you are not gluten free just use regular flour.
Let’s get on to this tasty treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Chicken Stuffed Popovers
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Chilled
- Chicken Salad See recipe in post for the chicken salad
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Spray the muffin tin or popover pan with non stick cooking spray and then place in the oven for 2 minutes to get it warm.
- While this is warming, mix together the flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until it's a creamy batter.
- Remove the pan from the oven, be careful it will be hot.
- Put a tablespoon of chilled butter into 6 tins. Just add a small piece to each tin on the bottom. This will get a little bubbly and melt.
- Next fill up each cup 1/4 of the way with batter, then add in about a tablespoon of chicken salad and top with another 1/4 of batter. You want the tins to be about half way full so that they can rise.
- Bake these for 20 minutes on 425*. Then, reduce the heat to 325* and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.