As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Enjoy a delicious dinner tonight with Chicken Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash.
This is a sponsored post; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you ever have a meal that is just so wonderful, it’s almost as if it just melts in your mouth? That’s how I feel about this Chicken Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash.
The flavors of all the ingredients combined literally feel as though they melt in your mouth.
This dish is really a great option for a comfort meal, I felt like it just oozed comfort.
It also made the entire house smell wonderful and cozy.
I enjoyed this as we had the fire going and curled up during this cold winter.
The inspiration for the Chicken Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash all started with Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage.
Doesn’t that just sound wonderful? It is!
I actually have more on hand that I use throughout the week for quick meals too.
Al Fresco Chicken Sausage is fully cooked too, which means all you need to do is simply heat it up.
I decided to slice up the sausage and add it to a skillet with a bit of olive oil.
Then, I added in diced apple, kale, and cooked rice.
Once all of this was nicely warmed up, I stuffed it into half of a baked acorn squash. It was brushed with a bit of cinnamon butter too, doesn’t that sound wonderful?
I have to admit just talking about it again makes me crave it all over again.
I happen to love squash and acorn squash is wonderful in the winter months.
It’s easy to find and wonderful baked.
I just always feel like it needs a bit of cinnamon, so adding cinnamon butter was a natural choice too.
The main ingredient though was that Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, the flavor complimented all the other ingredients so well that it turned into one of our favorites for a quick dinner.
It was simple to put together and even better to eat.
Have you tried Al Fresco Chicken Sausage?
They come in 10 different flavors, which means you have all sorts of recipe options for each one.
I’m a bit partial though to this Sweet Apple, it’s really is a nice combination of sweet and savory.
It’s time to enjoy a bite!
Are you looking for a great Menu Planner? Check out these Menu Planning Resources.
Chicken Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 3 Acorn Squash
- Melted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Package of Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, Fully Cooked & Sliced
- 1 Cup Brown Rice, Cooked
- 4 Cups of Kale, Shredded
- 2 Medium Apples, Diced
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*.
- Cut the acorn squash in half.
- Combine the melted butter and a dash of cinnamon, then glaze the acorn squash with the melted cinnamon butter.
- Place down in a shallow dish.
- Add enough water to lightly cover around the dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the seeds and inside to make a bowl.
- Set Aside.
- While the acorn squash is cooking or after it's done, in a medium size skillet, add the olive oil and warm up to medium-high heat.
- Add in the sliced sausage, rice, kale, and apples.
- Let this warm up for about 10 minutes or until the kale shrinks up.
- Once it's nice and warm, add some of the sausage mixture to each half of the acorn squash.
- Garnish with cinnamon.