Chicken Salad Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a great option for dinner or snacking!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods, LLC.. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s nearly Memorial Day! I cannot wait! Although, we usually do something as a family every year for Memorial Day, this year we are going away for a bit, which I am just ecstatic about. It’s been a very long time since we have had time to get away and really unplug for the weekend.
I intend to soak up a lot of sun and enjoy some boating and lots of fun with friends. In the meantime though, I wouldn’t want to leave you without the perfect outdoor entertaining recipe, right?
This year, I have really been getting into making appetizers for guests before dinner is ready. I typically have dinner almost done as guests arrive; however, sometimes when grilling it takes a bit longer than expected. That means a good appetizer is just the ticket.
This past week, I picked up HORMEL® Premium Chicken Breast, Chunk Chicken, to make a delicious Chicken Salad. I love making this with the HORMEL® Premium Chicken Breast because not only is it affordable but it’s also so easy and adds a great protein to this tasty treat.
Once I have my chicken drained and ready to go, I place it in a bowl mixed with Mayo and a few of my favorite veggies and spices. Then, I top it over cleaned and grilled zucchini.
Top it with a little shaved Parmesan cheese and parsley to garnish, and then show it off to your guests! If you want to you can even add a few sweet peppers to it as well for a little extra crunch and flavor.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that I can use garden fresh produce too. That really makes this perfect for outdoor entertaining during the summer and a great appetizer or side dish for Memorial Day too.
Be sure to stop by the Hormel Foods website for more information on the variety of products they sell along with several coupons and recipes too. There you will find many Easy Recipe Ideas. Also be sure to sign up for the Hormel Newsletter.
Are you ready for a little bit of outdoor entertaining? Enjoy!
Chicken Salad Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 2 10 oz Cans of Hormel Chicken Breast Chunk Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/8 Cup Green Onions Diced
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Peppers Diced
- 1 Tsp Rosemary or to taste
- 1 Tsp Dill Weed or to taste
- 3 Zucchini
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Begin by draining the chicken, then adding to a bowl and combining with the mayo, onion, sweet peppers, rosemary, and dill weed. Mix this well and let chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Shortly before removing from the fridge, slice the zucchini in half and scoop out the seeds and insides to make the boats, you can also cut these in half again to make 4 pieces.
- Heat up the grill to medium-high heat and place them on the grill skin side down for 3-5 minutes to just warm up a bit.
- Fill with the chicken salad then garnish with the cheese and parsley.