Make this Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti Squash the perfect go-to meal any night of the week.
As we ramp up throughout this last half of the school year, all of our activities are colliding lately. Our son is in basketball and that takes up an evening among several other activities.
That means its quick and easy meals to the rescue. I have to admit too, this is by far one of my favorites.
I’m addicted to spaghetti squash, so anytime I can squeeze it into dinner, it’s a win. The best part is my kids love it just as much as I do, that makes dinnertime so much easier.
As soon as I started making this dish my son’s mouth was watering, he could not wait to eat it up. I decided to use chicken thighs because I find they are so much juicier and tastier than chicken breast.
Once this pops out of the oven, the chicken is so tender it’s easily able to be cut with a fork and to serve right on top of that marinara covered spaghetti squash. I’ve had so many friends tell me lately that they have yet to find their love for spaghetti squash.
I promise though, once you cook it right, you will fall in the love. It has the same texture and taste of spaghetti without the carbs. This is practically a one-dish dinner because the spaghetti squash is a vegetable and not pasta, but it gives that same texture.
I typically will boil the spaghetti squash, just like potatoes, then once it’s nice and soft, I cut it open, scrape out the seeds, and then scrape that beautiful squash out. Once I have it all scraped out, then I like to use paper towels to soak up any of the extra water in the squash. Lastly, the Pasta Sauce gives it loads of flavor and a delicious taste.
Are you ready for a bite of this delicious dish? It’s time to eat up and enjoy!
Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti Squash
- 4 Lbs Spaghetti Squash
- 1 1/2 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3/4 Cup Plain Dry Bread Crumbs or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese Divided
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Add the dry crumbs, rosemary, garlic powder, parsley, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan Cheese to a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the beaten egg.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then coat with the dry mixture. Add each piece of chicken to a greased baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes on each side or until well done.
- While the chicken is cooking, add water to a dutch oven or large stock pot to submerge the spaghetti squash, before placing it in the water, cut a few slits around it. Warm up to a boil and let boil until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Once soft, cut in half, scrape seeds out, then use a fork to scrape out the inside of the spaghetti squash. Use paper towels to ring out any water and set aside.
- Add half the jar of sauce to the spaghetti squash and mix well, then place it in a casserole dish.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, place it on top of the spaghetti squash.
- Pour another cup of sauce over the chicken and spaghetti squash, then top the entire dish with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Once cheese is melted, it can be put on broil for 5 minutes to brown, watch carefully as all oven temperatures may vary.
- Remove and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!