As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I just created this Ragú® #NewTraDish mash up recipe the whole family will love as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
One of the best things about the cold months are all the delicious comfort meals. I love making casserole style meals during the fall and winter too, one that I knew I had to make again soon is this Chicken Parmesan Bake. This time I decided to use two recipes from Ragú® the Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan and the Beefy Baked Ziti. I decided to make a little spin on this dish to create my own new dish!
The one thing that I love about Ragú® is the wide variety of flavors to choose from when making meals. They have different flavors to compliment just about every meal you could possibly think of. I decided to use a mushroom inspired sauce on this one, but you can also stick with the Old World Style® Traditional Sauce.
I also went ahead and used chicken breast for this dish as I had that on hand. Once I had them breaded, I went ahead and baked the chicken. I wanted to bake the chicken so that I could later combine it with the noodles to make this dish. The recipe I adapted is a no boil noodle recipe but I wanted to combine these too recipes together, so I went ahead and boiled the noodles. Once they were boiled it was easy as pie from there.
I placed the chicken over the noodles in a casserole dish, then I topped the chicken with additional sauce and cheese. I put the dish back in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese was nicely melted.
Then, out came a wonderful and delicious Chicken Parmesan Bake served right on top of the pasta. Dinner is served!
This dish is also perfect for the holidays especially if you have family members that may not be huge turkey fans.
If you would like to get involved with the Ragú® Sauce Masters Crowd, be sure to check out Crowdtap! Also, be sure to visit Ragú on their Facebook or Pinterest page for more tasty recipes and mash ups. Also, follow along on Twitter at #NewTraDish!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 3/4 Cup Plain Dry Bread Crumbs or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasonings
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 3 Medium Sized Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Halves
- 1 Jar of Ragú® Sauce
- 12 Oz Ziti or Penne Pasta or Gluten Free Ziti or Penne Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Combine the bread crumbs, seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, add the beaten egg to it.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg then turn it to coat it and dip in the bread crumb mixture. Shake to coat.
- Place the chicken in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 400* or until done.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the pasta in accordance with the package instructions.
- Once the pasta is prepared and drained, place it back in the stock pot and add in 3/4 of the jar of sauce.
- Mix the sauce and pasta well, then pour it evenly into a 9x13 greased baking dish.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place evenly on top of the pasta.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.