Chicken and Corn Salsa Quesadillas are a great choice for a quick & easy lunch or dinner.
I just love a good corn salsa, don’t you? One of my go-to quick and easy meals are quesadillas. My kids squeal with delight when we make quesadillas.
I’m sure it’s mostly because they prefer simple Cheese Quesadillas; however, I like to make them a little bit more filling by adding corn salsa and chicken too.
These Chicken and Corn Salsa Quesadillas can be a quick lunch or dinner, it’s totally up to you!
How do you make Chicken and Corn Salsa Quesadillas?
I like to make these in the skillet, much like you would a grilled cheese.
I layer a tortilla with a bit of cheese, corn salsa, chicken, and more cheese.
Once it’s all nice and full, I let it toast on each side. These are perfect served with some Restaurant Style Salsa.
That happens to be my personal favorite topping.
How do you make gluten-free quesadillas?
I make these with both flour or white corn tortillas.
I will say the flour tortillas setup the best; however, for those of us like myself that are gluten-free, white corn is a great option.
The corn salsa is a burst of flavor with several ingredients, simply mixed up.
This way you get a nice helping of veggies on that quesadilla too.
In the midst of the crazy busy weeks we’ve been having, putting these together in less than 10 minutes was a dinner time rescue.
Have you had nights like that lately?
I am starting to really look forward though to the days that aren’t such a rush, when I can spend more time in the kitchen.
It’s nice though to have recipes such as these Chicken and Corn Salsa Quesadillas that happen to save dinner!
Chicken and Corn Salsa Quesadillas
- 2 cups frozen corn cooked and thawed
- 1 14.5- oz. can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15- oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh-cut cilantro
- Lime Juice
- Flour Tortilla or White Corn Tortilla
- Grilled Chicken
- Shredded Cheese
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the corn salsa ingredients, squeezing lime juice over it and set aside.
- Spray a medium-sized skillet with non-stick cooking spray, place the tortilla in the skillet.
- Add cheese, corn salsa, chicken, and more cheese.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Turn to medium-high heat and toast on each side until the cheese is well melted.
- Repeat these steps until you are done making the amount you need.