As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Chicken & Corn Burgers are a lighter way to do dinner!
The main struggle in our home each day is veggies. I was blessed with very picky eaters, I will just call it blessed and think positive. That’s the way to do it, right? Both of my kids have a tendency to LOVE fruits and not so much on veggies.
Over the years now, I have found that for us the best way to get veggies into their foods is to make foods that they love and sneak the veggies in. I know some may say that isn’t the best way to do it, but for my family that is what works. I want dinner time to be enjoyable and not a battle of forcing my kids to eat foods they may not want. I love that by sneaking them into some of their favorites it eliminates the dinner time battlefield and makes our home much more peaceful.
Did you know that 9 out of 10 people in the US do not get the proper servings of veggies? That’s nearly ALL of us!
Knowing that my kids like ground chicken, I decided to make a batch of Chicken & Corn Burgers, basically adding the corn into the chicken patties. Veggies could also be added by using a food processor to finely chop spinach or broccoli too.
These burgers can be built just like a juicy beef hamburger, topping them with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and all the toppings kids love. My kids love them with a simple slice of cheese on a thin slice of bread.
Tasty and easy!
What are some of your favorite recipes for your kids and picky eaters in your life?
- 1 Lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Cup Birds Eye Sweet Corn
- 6 Slices of Cheese
- Hamburger Buns or Sandwich Thins
- Toppings of your Choice, Pickles, Onions, Tomato, Ketchup, Mustard
- In a large bowl mix together the ground chicken and the corn. The corn can stay frozen at this point as long as it is workable.
- In a greased medium skillet or on a cast iron grill, warm the stove up to a medium-high heat.
- Form 6 patties and place them in the skillet or on the grill. Cook these on both sides for about 10 minutes or until they are fully cooked and well done.
- When they are done, place a slice of cheese on each patty and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until it melts.
- Place the patties on one slice of the bun or sandwich thin, add any toppings you would like and the top of the bun or sandwich thin.