Make a tasty dinner or snack with these Chicken & Rice Cabbage Wraps.
Chicken & Rice Cabbage Wraps make the perfect lunch, dinner, or even a snack. I have to say this is one way I can eat cabbage. I’ve always been at a loss as to what to use cabbage for.
I’m just not a huge fan of cabbage and rarely cook with it; however, I branched out and tried it. Of course, then I decided that I love Chicken & Rice Cabbage Wraps!
Since I knew that I would be getting more, I decided to use it in these Chicken & Rice Cabbage Wraps. I was not disappointed either, these were absolutely delicious.
My husband and I enjoyed these as an easy dinner recipe. They make for a great lunch recipe too though.
What do you need for Cabbage Wraps?
- Soy Sauce
How do you make Chicken & Rice Cabbage Wraps?
Now, for this recipe I used my favorite Chicken Fried Rice recipe to make these, then I simply boiled the cabbage leaves for a few minutes.
Once the cabbage leaves are done, simply scoop the rice mixture in the leaves and roll them up and serve. I barely made it through the pictures without eating some…so good!
I have to say I’m a sucker though for Chicken Fried Rice, and considering I’m gluten-free now it’s rare that I get some unless I make it myself. This was a match made in heaven.
Are you ready for these Chicken & Rice Cabbage Wraps? It’s time to eat up!
Chicken & Rice Cabbage Wraps
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced & Cooked Chicken
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Dried White Rice Cooked and Cold
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Diced
- 1 Celery Stalk Diced
- 2 Carrots Diced
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 2-4 Tbsp Lite Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 8-12 Cabbage Leaves
- Begin by adding the oil to a large skillet, then add in the cooked chicken.
- Add in the veggies and let this simmer for 10 minutes or until the onions are slightly browned.
- Next add in the rice and 2 Tbsp soy sauce. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes then add in the beaten egg. Stir the egg in and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the rice mixture is cooking, place 8-12 cabbage leaves in a pot of boiling water to loosen them up for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the rice mixture and cabbage leaves are done, simply add a scoop of the rice mixture to each cabbage leaf.
- Add in additional soy sauce or dipping sauce if preferred.