Cheesy Roasted Sweet Potatoes make for a terrific side dish!
As we head into the holiday season, I’m typically in charge of side dishes. I like to take quick and easy side dishes that are simple to dress up with a few extras, especially cheese!
One side item that is always on our table are sweet potatoes. This time with this dish, I decided to roast the sweet potatoes as opposed to mashing them. Then, I topped them with the Cheddar Jack Shredded Natural Cheese to take them to a whole new level of goodness! I like the different mix of cheeses which is why I chose this particular variety.
The potatoes had a hint of garlic and rosemary, then roasted to perfection. They tasted like cheese fries except that they were sweet potatoes. So delicious! They taste great right out of the oven, which is how I prefer to serve them, but I snacked on ours throughout the week too. I love that they make for an easy side item for kids too, which I have picky eaters and for them if it has cheese on it they are more likely to eat it.
This Cheesy goodness will wow your friends and family, plus your taste buds too!
Are you ready for some cheesy deliciousness? Time for this dish!
Enjoy this tasty dish!
Cheesy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Lbs Sweet Potatoes Sliced and Halved
- 1 Large Ziploc Bag
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 Cup Sargento Cheddar Jack Natural Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Place the potatoes in a Ziploc bag along with the olive oil, rosemary, and garlic.
- Seal the bag and shake it up well coating the potatoes.
- Pour the potatoes evenly into a greased baking sheet or oven safe dish.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Remove carefully and top with the cheese.
- Continue roasting for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.