As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
The perfect comfort food can be made with this Cheesy Potato Taco Casserole.
As the school year begins, that means that we get pretty busy and sometimes dinner gets put on the back burner.That also I need quick meals that many times are one dish meals or casseroles.
This Cheesy Potato Casserole hit just the right spot for dinner. Of course, it was also loved by the whole family which was a huge plus!
This can be made with any of your favorite diced potatoes. I made it with Simply Potatoes, but you can use any style of Potatoes O’Brien too.
Essentially, I swapped out a pasta for potatoes, which is a great way to mix up a meal too.
This is almost like having a big stuffed baked potato, but instead you have diced potatoes. It’s best to use a frozen potato that is seasoned as well, if not just add some seasoned salt to your potatoes.
I paired these with beef, onions, peppers, tomato sauce, and a few diced tomatoes with chilies to give this simple casserole a nice kick.
Tips for Making Cheesy Potato Taco Casserole
We ended up eating these as leftovers the next day, you could even get another boost of protein and add a fried or poached egg on top.
If you want to take these for a brunch or breakfast party, you could always swap the beef for a good ground sausage too. The possibilities are endless!
I already have this back on our menu too because it’s just a must!
My kids loved it and what better way to do dinner than one that will be gladly eaten without complaints? Plus, it’s a frugal meal too that goes a long way because it makes so much.
Are you ready for a taste of this delicious casserole? Time for dinner or brinner!
Enjoy this delicious meal!
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package of Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup White Onion, Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 8 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 1 lb Bag of Simply Potatoes Southwest Diced Potatoes
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350*.
- Cook and prepare the ground beef in a large skillet on medium high heat, then add in the taco seasoning in accordance with the package instructions.
- Add in the onions and peppers, let these cook for 5-10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, then evenly place the potatoes in the dish.
- Top the potatoes with the meat mixture.
- Lastly, sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 588mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g