As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Cheesy Chicken Florentine is a wonderful, tasty meal this winter!
I cook a lot. I mean… A LOT! It’s a rare treat for us to have a recipe more than once, lately I have tried to add a repeat a recipe night to our menu too, but with the amount of new recipes I have to post, it’s hard to get things in the repeat rotation. This one though…it WILL be repeated, sooner rather than later.
My husband is usually my biggest critic and one I can always take his opinions to heart to know if a recipe passes the ‘share this’ test. This one I knew was a keeper because although I thought it was wonderful, I didn’t even have to ask and my husband was raving about it, so much so he was back for seconds. The best part? BOTH my picky eaters ate this without fighting me on it too. My daughter nearly licked her plate clean.
I adapted this recipe from this Chicken Florentine on Cooking Light. I left out and mixed up a few ingredients, the end result though was such a light and flavorful dish. This can easily be served as a one-dish dinner because it’s packed with veggies too.
I won’t lie, I ate this for lunch and dinner for DAYS. It was so good, I was craving it all week.
Are you ready for dinner tonight? This one is a keeper!
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 12 Oz Penne Pasta or Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 3 Cups Fresh Spinach, Chopped
- 16 Oz Carton of Cottage Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken, Cooked
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Preheat the oven to 425*.
- Begin preparing the pasta in accordance with the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up the oil in a medium sized skillet on medium-high heat. Add in the onion, pepper, and spinach.
- Cook this for about 5-10 minutes until the veggies are soft.
- Once the veggies are cooked, set aside.
- Drain the pasta and return to the stock pot removing it from the heat.
- Add in the veggie mixture to the pasta along with the cottage cheese, chicken, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese.
- Mix this well, then add in the milk and continue mixing.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish, top it with the remaining cheese and bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pasta is slightly toasted.