As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This meal actually started out with a mishap. The recipe idea I had in my head just did not work! So, I ended up tossing out a bag of noodles and a few ingredients. Then, I started over! My husband informed me after he ate this meal that he was really happy I started over because he LOVED it. Keep in mind, he is the picky one in our house!
Update: If you are gluten free, I used this Cheddar Soup recipe.
- 3 Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1 16 oz Box of Pasta, If gluten free use Tinkyada
- 1 10 3/4 oz Can of Cheddar Soup, If gluten free see link in post for Cheddar Soup
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 Tsp of Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Handful of Bread Crumbs, or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Cook the noodles as directed in a large stock pot. In a skillet add the pepper to the chicken and cook until completely done.
- Once the noodles have been drained, return to the stock pot. Now, add the soup, milk, and butter then stir to coat the noodles.
- Using an 8×8 baking dish, spray it with non stick cooking spray, then pour the noodles in the dish. Top with the cubed chicken, then add the shredded cheese and bread crumbs. This will bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
We served this dish with a side of canned carrots, and I topped the cheesy chicken with a few real bacon bits.
My husband ended up going back for seconds, and I thought I would have some for lunch the next day; however, the whole dish was gone before I even got home for lunch! This was an easy and affordable meal. Plus, it was very kid friendly!