Make a great family-friendly meal with these easy Cheesy Beef Enchiladas, which can be made gluten-free too!
It’s time for a classic comfort meal that will feed the whole family plus the friend family too! These Cheesy Beef Enchiladas are easy to customize and make gluten-free if needed too.
If you enjoy these, be sure to check out my Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas too!
How do you make Cheesy Beef Enchiladas?
These enchiladas are easy to make with burrito-sized flour tortillas or you can use a gluten-free alternative such as white corn tortillas.
Once you have your tortillas chosen, then you will want to brown the ground beef. Once your ground beef is fully cooked, you can either add in taco seasoning per the package instructions or you can use this homemade taco seasoning.
After your meat is done, then you will combine your meat, beans, and Rotel to stuff inside your enchiladas. At this point, if you wanted to add more to it like refried beans or other ingredients, you can really customize it.
After this is done, simply place them seam side down into a 9×13 baking dish and coat them with enchilada sauce, chilies, cheese, and then green onion to garnish and bake them up!
Once they come out you will have cheesy goodness that pairs really well with Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn too.
How do you make these gluten-free?
These can easily be made into gluten-free beef enchiladas with a few simple swaps.
First, you can use a gluten-free flour tortilla such as these tortillas from Mission.
Secondly, my personal favorite is to use white corn tortillas. We use these regularly in enchiladas. It’s VERY IMPORTANT to remember that when using these, be sure to heat them up first for 20-30 seconds so that they are pliable.
If you skip this step, they will tear when folding them. If you use white corn tortillas, you will use 16 of them for the plate of enchiladas.
For dessert, be sure to add in these Mexican Shortbread Cookies!
Now it’s time to enjoy dinner!
Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
- 8 Burrito Flour Tortillas (or Gluten-Free Alternative – See Notes)
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 10 Oz Can of Rotel
- 15 Oz Can of Black Beans, Drained
- 2 10 Oz Cans of Mild Enchilada Sauce (or Gluten-Free Sauce)
- 4 Oz Can of Diced Chilies
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 4 Chopped Green Onions
- Preheat Oven to 375*.
- Brown the ground beef and drain, then add in the taco seasoning as indicated on the package.
- Fill the tortillas with meat, rotel, and black beans. Then, roll them up tightly.
- Place them seam side down in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Repeat until the dish is filled, using 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas or 16 white corn tortillas.
- Once the dish is filled, pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the tortillas.
- Spread the chilies evenly over the sauce covered tortillas.
- Top with the cheese and green onions covering the entire dish with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375*.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes, serve warm.