For the first time in my life I have discovered Cheeseburger Pie. Over the last few years on this blog, I have had several readers tell me about it, but I had never heard of it. Much to my surprise it has been around for years and from what I can tell the recipe is typically on the back of Bisquick boxes.
After finding gluten free Bisquick, I decided that we would give it a try. This is a great recipe for many reasons but one is that you can make it either gluten free or regular just based on which Bisquick product you use. There is a slight variation for gluten free but nothing major.
I have so many more ideas coming now with this same pie concept that I am anxious to try!
Enjoy this delicious, kid friendly dinner!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Large White Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt Optional
- 1-2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Bisquick Mix Gluten Free or Original
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs Note: If you are making this gluten free, use 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Begin by browning the ground beef, while browning add in the onion, garlic, green pepper, and salt.
- Let this cook until well done, then drain and return to the pan.
- Mix together the Bisquick, milk, and eggs.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non stick cooking spray, then pour in just enough of the Bisquick mixture to cover the bottom of the pan. Next, pour in the meat mixture.
- Once the meat mixture is poured in, add the shredded cheese. The original recipe calls for 1 cup, I used about 1 1/2 cups. Lastly, pour in the remaining Bisquick mixture evenly over the top of the meat mixture.
- Let this bake in the oven 25-30 minutes until the center is fully cooked. It will be slightly browned on top.
- Let it cool slightly before serving.