Make a delicious breakfast or dinner with this Cheeseburger & Egg Biscuit!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Great Day Farms. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you heard there is a new movie coming to theaters soon, The Boxtrolls!? This movie is all about how the Boxtrolls explore Cheesebridge. Now if you are about to take your family to see The Boxtrolls I always suggest a fun themed night, and thankfully it can be done easily at home.
The movie hits all aspects of daring to be brave along with major themes like adoption and overcoming fears in life. I’ve teamed up with Great Day Farms to create this delicious recipe that includes a few of my favorites like eggs…and cheese of course!
We decided that the perfect treat to pair with The Boxtrolls is Cheeseburger Biscuits for dinner! I mean what child doesn’t like breakfast for dinner? For me, that’s one thing my picky eater LOVES. He also happens to love biscuits and cheeseburgers. I decided to make the ultimate Cheeseburger Biscuit using the same burger recipe that I did with these Hamburger Stuffed Omelets.
Once I had my cheeseburger and biscuits done, I fried up an egg plus tomato to top it with.
This was the ultimate Cheeseburger Biscuit, plus a good way to fill you up before you spend money on popcorn. Who am I kidding? The popcorn smell lures us in the minute we walk into the theater.
These biscuits can be made to your preference too; you can use canned biscuits or a good homemade biscuit. If you have a plethora of garden fresh tomatoes, top it with one of those too.
My husband and son ate these up, and I vowed to myself that next time I was using gluten free biscuits because they were too good to not eat.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Cheeseburger & Egg Biscuits
- 4 Southern Style Biscuits Cooked and Made (Canned or Homemade, Gluten Free or Regular)
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Sage
- 4 Slices of American Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tomato Sliced into 4 Slices
- Begin by cooking the biscuits if they are not already cooked and set aside.
- Combine the ground beef, fennel, garlic powder, onion powder, and sage, then form 4 patties.
- Grill the burger or cook on medium high heat in the skillet until well done.
- Once they are done, place a slice of cheese over each burger, let it melt for about a minute then remove the burgers and place them on one half of each biscuit.
- In another small skillet, crack one egg at a time into the skillet and cook the eggs on medium heat until nicely fried.
- Place the tomato and egg on each burger, then top it with the other half of the biscuit.