As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a delicious fried ‘rice’ but this time uses cauliflower instead. This Cauliflower Fried Rice will delight your taste-buds and your diet!
One of our favorite foods to eat in our household is fried rice; however, I’ve been trying to really watch my diet, so I decided to try this Cauliflower Fried Rice instead.
I was surprised to find how similar it taste and just how delicious it really is. This can be made easily with a head of cauliflower and a food processor.
Is Cauliflower Rice better than Rice?
A few seconds in the food processor, it had great rice like consistency and it was perfect for my ‘fried rice’. I decided to adapt my favorite Chicken Fried Rice and then just substitute the rice for cauliflower to make this tasty meal.
The real trick, of course, is trying to trick the family to see if they can tell the difference. They definitely didn’t realize it was cauliflower.
My husband actually will tell you how much he hates cauliflower…only he ate all of this.
Of course, you can tell a difference, the texture will be different than rice, so keep that in mind.
It’s just hard to figure out what it is that is used in place of the rice.
This is such a better for you way to do rice, plus we absolutely love it. We have made this with chicken, pork, or without meat at all. It’s a go-to for me on busy nights because it comes together so quickly and it’s so good for you too.
Maybe you won’t even tell the difference.
I know I certainly could not tell that I was eating cauliflower.
Now you can even buy the cauliflower rice already made, isn’t that crazy? It’s interesting how quickly trends turn into products.
Now it’s time to eat up.
- 2 Cups Finely Chopped Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Chicken, Cooked
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Celery Stalk, Diced
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Peas, Cooked
- 2-4 Tbsp Lite Soy Sauce, or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- Place the cleaned and trimmed cauliflower into the food processor and blend until a fine rice like consistency.
- Place the cauliflower in a paper towel lined bowl and use another paper towel to soak up any excess water from the cauliflower.
- Begin by placing the cooked chicken in the oil using a large skillet. Add in the onion, celery, carrots, peas, and let this simmer for 10 minutes or until the onions are slightly browned.
- Next add in the cauliflower and 2 Tbsp soy sauce. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- At this point if you want it darker in color add in the remaining soy sauce.