As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I posted these Catfish Nuggets way back a few years ago! This past week, we revisited an old favorite recipe. Now I will show you how to make Catfish Nuggets.
I have to say at the time that I originally made them my son loved them. That was when he was just starting to eat real food, now he eats a few bites and he says he doesn’t like fish! These Catfish Nuggets are a go to for quick dinner solutions.
I guess you win some, you loose some. On the other hand, my husband can eat nearly the entire plate of catfish! I thought I would share these again with updated pictures and an updated recipe!
It’s funny sometimes to look back on the blog and see some of the older pictures and recipes. This was one of the first recipes I tried when my son was a baby, now he’s nearly 9! Can you believe that? I’ve been writing and sharing recipes for quite a while now. It’s just become part of life for us.
Of course, my family does get tired of having to wait for dinner, but they have just accepted that’s how it is. The best thing is when the time changes and it’s light in the evenings again. Then, I can take a few pictures right before dinner. That means warm dinner for them, plus less work for me because the lighting is just perfect.
Now, I have also fallen in love with my Air Fryer and am anxious to try these in the Air Fryer too. I bet they taste fabulous; however, if you do not have an Air Fryer, carry on with this recipe.
This is one of the few ways we eat fried fish, typically I’m strictly baked fish only; however, my husband loves fried fish, so we have it on occasion!
Catfish Nuggets are very kid-friendly. I love to make these for my kids, as they have gotten older, they appreciate these even more. They can easily be paired with Baked Onion Rings for a tasty dinner.
Are you ready for a quick weeknight meal? This recipe for Catfish Nuggets is just what you need!
Another recipe you may like are these Hush Puppies with Shrimp!
- 4 6 oz Catfish Fillets
- 1/2 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Egg Substitute
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Mix the bread crumbs, salt, and lemon pepper in a small bowl. Next in a separate bowl mix the egg substitute and lemon juice.
- Warm up the oil on medium heat in a skillet. At this point, we use 2 Tbsp at a time until we get enough oil, starting with the 2 Tbsp.
- Cut the catfish into small strips, then place each strip into the egg mixture and coat with the breading mixture.
- Place in the oil and fry on both sides until fish is easily flaked with a fork. This takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Place on a plate with a paper towel to get the excess oil off.
- Repeat until all catfish is fried and serve with dipping sauce.