Most of you know that I love fall and candy corn. After purchasing a griddle a few weeks back, I decided to try Candy Corn Pancakes. I was inspired to make these by a picture I saw several months ago of different types of seasonal pancakes.
It just happened that a friend of mine passed along an easy pancake recipe that week, so I figured that was a sign they needed to be made.
The best way to make these is to use squeezable containers to outline the candy corn for each particular color. Remember these do not have to be perfect, and mine were far from it; however, the kids will love them any way and so will you! It’s the thought that counts!
I started by outlining each color then I filled it in with the batter. It needs to cook until it started to bubble then flip them over.
I made a double batch to freeze for later or to be heated up during the week for busy mornings!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Candy Corn Pancakes
- 2 Cups Self Rising Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Flavoring
- Food Coloring to make Orange and Yellow
- In a large mixer, pour in the dry ingredients then add in the wet ingredients until the batter forms. Pour 1/3 of the batter into 3 different bowls to make one for each color. Add in the food coloring into a bowl to make orange and another bowl to make yellow. Leave one bowl without color for the white.
- Next, pour into the squeezable containers for each color. It would be best to use a funnel to pour it into the container.
- Now, spray the griddle with baking spray. Then, outline the design with each color and fill in.
- Let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes.
- I cook these on the griddle using medium heat.
- These make approximately 10-12 pancakes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Carrie@ Bakeholic Mama says
Too cute! My kids would love these!
Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray says
Cute! What a good mom you are!