This past Christmas one of the snacks we had were chocolate chip cookies made with cake mix. I immediately realized as soon as I took a bite that I have missed those cookies! My mom used to make cookies out of cake mix frequently while we were growing up, granted her cookies were very fluffy and had little to no fat. I always wondered why her cookies were so fluffy, apparently that’s what happens when you use no oil, butter, and egg whites only.
After I had these, I knew that I was going to have to make them again; however, this time I would be adding the good stuff!
Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix white mix works as well
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
- Servings: 3 Dozen
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Mix the oil, applesauce, and eggs and then start mixing in the cake mix. Lastly, pour in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- I usually let the dough chill for at least 2 hours. I am able to work with it better after it’s chilled.
- Drop the dough on greased cookie sheets in tablespoonfuls. These will bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
I love these cookies, and there are so many wonderful variations you can make using cake mix. I am planning to try Red Velvet cookies just in time for Valentine’s Day next!