As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
One of my husband’s all time favorites are buffalo wings, so I whipped up a batch this week and they made his day! Of course, he also requested about 20 more after he ate his way through the entire batch I made!
I also assume buffalo wings are going to be very hot but my husband assured me that these were not all that hot. So, if you like spicy kick up the cayenne pepper, chili powder, and hot sauce and your mouth will be burning!
These are perfect for football season too! Enjoy!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 24 Chicken Wings, Thawed
- 1 Cup Flour, or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Hot Pepper Sauce
- Note: You can add any spices or herbs that you would like this is a very adaptable recipe, if you want more spice add additional cayenne pepper and chili powder.
- Begin by combining in a bowl the flour and seasonings.
- Next pat each chicken wing dry, be sure to do this step because it will help you avoid the wings becoming soggy.
- Dip each dry wing into the flour mixture and coat well.
- Place wings on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes- 1 hour to help the flour mixture harden.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Next mix the melted butter and hot pepper sauce.
- Dip the wings in the sauce until well coated and place on a baking dish. At this point, I use a wire rack.
- Bake these for 25 minutes then turn over and bake an additional 25 minutes or until well done.