Breakfast Stuffed Peppers bring the breakfast favorites into a warm pepper!
Is anyone else in shock that we are nearly into February? I’m a little bit too excited too because I am so anxious for spring.
I used to love winter, but I am just ready for spring clothes and being able to take the kids outside more. In the meantime though, I’ve been in the kitchen testing new recipes including this yummy one I’m sharing today!
I have been craving stuffed peppers lately, but I wanted to mix them up a bit and make them a great brunch dish too. Of course, these make a great breakfast for dinner too. All these cravings led me to Breakfast Stuffed Peppers!
I decided to adapt my stuffed pepper recipe to use sausage instead along with eggs. I used turkey sausage as opposed to regular sausage to cut down on all those calories.
Then, I simply added a few spices to give it a little more flavor. Next instead of my typical rice in stuffed peppers, I replaced that with eggs.
Once I had them all stuffed and ready to go, they simply bake in the oven for about 30 minutes and out comes a delicious breakfast or dinner!
Are you ready for this easy dish? I know I am ready to make these again now!
Time for dinner!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Lb Breakfast Turkey Sausage
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Sage
- 1/2 Cup Diced White Onion
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 6 Eggs Cooked & Scrambled
- 6 Green Bell Peppers
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Begin by browning the turkey sausage, add in the fennel, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground sage.
- Once the sausage is browned, drain if necessary, then return to the pan and add in the onion and tomato.
- Let this simmer for about 5 minutes or until the onion is slightly browned.
- Mix in the cooked and scrambled eggs.
- Slice the tops off the peppers and clean them out, then add the sausage mixture to each pepper and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Top with cheese and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Jana Gana Mana 52 seconds says
Oh this looks fantastic!!!