This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeamJellO #CollectiveBias
Do you know what is upon us? Football Season! Yes, I can feel it in the air, can you? Of course, sometimes it’s hard to feel it in the air in the midst of the hundred degree temps, but I know it’s coming…I just know it! That means LOTS of game day food will soon be gracing tables around the country.
If you are a football fan, I have the perfect EASY cake for you! Yes, this is mostly geared toward the Boomer Sooner fans, but I am happy to let you know that you can find your own Jell-O Molds with your favorite teams at Walmart or on their website. Plus, when you order online at Walmart.com, you can also SAVE 75¢ on ONE (1) JELL-O University Mold Kit on your order as well, while supplies last!
Excited? You should be, these are so fun to use!
This Boomer Sooner Strawberry Cake, was so fun to make and such an easy treat. It is actually a good recipe to get your kids involved in helping too. We happen to love Jell-O jigglers and molds, I am so impressed with how the OU molds turned out. The Jell-O was PERFECT!
Now, this cake is technically a ‘poke’ cake, but if you are an OU fan then you know calling a cake an ‘OU Poke Cake’ is a cardinal sin, so I’m going to go with Boomer Sooner Strawberry Cake, that’s more ‘football’ politically correct.
I actually made this cake gluten free using a gluten free cake mix; however, you can make it either gluten filled or gluten free depending on your preference.
Once I baked the cake, I simply ‘poked’ it with a fork, then poured the piping hot Jell-O over it. Next, I let it chill in the fridge for a few hours along with the molds too. Once all of my Jell-O was fully formed, I topped the cake with a nice layer of Cool Whip and evenly placed the OU Jell-O Jigglers. I tried to place it so that each piece had a jiggler on top. That can help with serving sizes too.
This cake was hard to even get pictures of because my entire family was pacing behind me waiting to get their hands on a bite! I had mine gone before the pictures were even done, and my kids and husband were right behind me.
Sometimes a simple cake is just the ticket to hitting all the right taste buds. I am certain this one will be a hit at your football parties!
Game Time! Boomer Sooner!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Boomer Sooner Strawberry Cake
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix & ingredients to make the cake with the box mix
- 1 Package of Strawberry Jell-O
- 1 OU Team Jell-O Mold Kit includes the Jell-O in the kit
- 1 Container of Cool Whip
- Begin by preparing the yellow cake as instructed on the package in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Once the cake is done baking, carefully remove and let it cool.
- While the cake is cooling, boil 1 cup of water on the stove, then add in the 1 package of Jell-O.
- Stir quickly and add in 1 cup of cold water, continue stirring until dissolved.
- Poke the cake with a fork evenly over the cake in various places.
- Pour the mixed Jell-O evenly over the cake, it will soak into the cake.
- Place the cake in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- While the cake is in the fridge, prepare the OU team mold as instructed on the package. You will likely want to make enough for both molds.
- Place the molds in the fridge to chill and gel.
- Once the molds are done, remove the cake and molds from the fridge.
- Spread the Cool Whip evenly over the cake, then top with the molded OU Jell-O Jigglers.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Samantha K says
The Jell-O Jigglers look amazing on top of your cake! This is a great idea for our football parties! #client
I love my team. I will never throw my team’s recipes under the bus.