Are you preparing for Father’s Day or an upcoming cookout? Do you like to treat dad to dinner? Well, you can do just that with Burgers with Dad. I am sharing the BLT Turkey Burger today, this is a sponsored post; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you have a big celebration for Father’s Day? Is it strange that I feel like Father’s Day is so easy to plan? It seems like with Mother’s Day, I have to drop hints of what would be a great idea for Mother’s Day. Father’s Day though, I can do it myself and it’s just a cinch!
We typically spend time at the lake for Father’s Day as I’m sure we will this year too, but we also like to do a cookout too. What better way to mix it up than with using turkey burgers instead? I love turkey burgers because they are so much more lean and having the turkey, maybe that offsets the bacon, right? Luckily, this is made with turkey bacon so it’s better for you too. These BLT Turkey Burgers found on the Butterball App are just pure deliciousness and perfect for dad on Father’s Day.
I picked up this recipe on the Butterball App but you can also find even more recipes like side dishes to serve with this including the Mediterranean Pasta Salad that I shared last month or even the Spicy Corn on the Cob. Are you getting hungry yet? I sure am!
Make Father’s Day special for dad by having Burgers with Dad on his special day. I am certain he will love it, because let’s face it food is the way to a man’s heart. We just have to go ahead and admit that’s true.
Now, be sure to share your favorite recipe with us and check out the Butterball App for more great recipes. There is a version for both Apple devices on iOS or Android on Google Play and the download is free.
BLT Turkey Burger
- 1/4 Cup Fat-Free Mayo
- 1 1/2 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 Tsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 4 BUTTERBALL® Original Seasoned Frozen Turkey Burgers
- 4 Slices Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Kaiser Rolls Split & Toasted
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 4 Slices Red Onion
- 4 Slices Tomato
- 1 Avocado Cut into 8 Slices
- 4 Slices BUTTERBALL® Turkey Bacon Cooked & Cut in 1/2
- 1. Combine mayonnaise, honey, chipotle pepper sauce and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. Prepare turkey burgers according to package directions for broiling or on pre-heated grill.
- 3. When burgers are cooked, top each with 1 slice cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- 4. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on cut sides of each roll. Layer each bottom half with 1/4 cup shredded lettuce, 1 slice onion and 1 slice tomato. Top each with cheese-topped burger, 2 slices avocado and 2 turkey bacon pieces. Cover each with top of roll.