My family loves pizza but we also like to try new variations of our favorites! This past week we decided to try out BLT Pizza! I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first, mainly because I used a gluten free crust so the crust was different than a traditional pizza crust. The taste though? Incredible!
This is now going to become part of our pizza routine, surprisingly my crust turned out well too! All you need to use is your favorite pizza crust either traditional or gluten free.
Most of the recipes I have seen use mayo as the sauce as opposed to pizza sauce, I decided to use Dill Dip as the sauce! Can you guess how great it tasted? If you love dill like I do, you’ll be in heaven!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Prepared Pizza Crust We used 2 12 inch Crust, I used Bob Mill's Gluten Free Crust
- 1 Batch of Donna's Dill Dip See recipe mentioned in post
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 8-10 Slices of Cooked Bacon
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Once the pizza crust is prepared per instructions with the crust. Add a nice layer of dill dip just as you would have done if using pizza sauce. Next top the crust with the mozzarella cheese and add bacon you can crumble it or add slices. Be sure to reserve about 1/4 cup for additional topping after baking.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted and crust is browned.
- Once it is out of the oven, top with lettuce, tomato, and additional bacon.
- Taste the best served warm!