Make a delicious dessert with this Blackberry Vanilla Cobbler.
This summer I knew that I would be making a delicious Blackberry Cobbler. It is just necessary when blackberries are in season. I decided to pick up some fresh blackberries at the Farmers Market. Somehow, since we moved into a new house this year, we didn’t get around to planting our own blackberries. That will be changing for next year.
As I was thinking of what recipe I wanted to use for this delicious Blackberry Vanilla Cobbler, I decided to go with a recipe from my Great Great Aunt’s cookbook. I mean it had to be delicious, right?
For this recipe, I also decided to use Vanilla Coffee Creamer. I used this in place of milk to give it the rich, smooth vanilla taste. It added a burst of flavor along with the blueberries, knocking this cobbler out of the park.
It did not last long around our house, luckily we had company over to enjoy it too but I’m fairly certain together my husband and I ate most of it. Whoops! Good thing this was before I started my weight loss journey. This Blackberry Vanilla Cobbler can be served alongside a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream or with your favorite coffee.
I imagine my aunt enjoyed a little bite of this Blackberry Cobbler back when she was young too, and I love that I can keep her legacy churning along by making some of her recipes for my family.
This cobbler is one of those desserts that I could eat year round; however, when we have fresh blackberries growing in our backyard, it’s even better. I love going out and picking the blackberries to make this cobbler as I imagine my aunt did when she was making this as well. This is a beautiful summer dessert.
Blackberry Vanilla Cobbler
- 4 Cups Fresh Blackberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar for Blackberries
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Begin by placing the blackberries in a bowl topped with the 1/4 Cup of Sugar. Let this sit and soak for a few hours for the juices to run out a bit, making them extra juicy.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Melt one stick of butter in the microwave, then pour it evenly over a 9 inch pie pan.
- Cream and Mix together the additional stick of melted butter, sugar, flour, vanilla creamer, and baking powder.
- Place the sugared blackberries evenly in the pie pan.
- Pour the mixture of batter evenly over the blackberries, do not mix it just simply pour it over them.
- Bake for 1 hour or until browned on top.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!