As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
About a week ago, we had several blackberries ready to be picked out in our garden. I immediately saw blackberry cobbler in our future! I had to wait about a week for more blackberries to ripen for the cobbler, so I was just able to make it this past weekend.
This was my first try with a gluten free cobbler, the only change I made was using Better Batter Gluten Free All Purpose Flour instead of regular flour; however, if you are not gluten free just use regular flour and it will come out the same way.
My husband was ecstatic and thought it tasted wonderful, I was thrilled because he is not gluten free. It makes my life so much easier when he likes what I can eat!
The cobbler did not last long, my husband ate it up pretty quickly. I think I may have had one bite of it before it was gone, just enough to want more!
This recipe can be used with pretty much any fruit that you would want to use for a cobbler; my favorite is peach!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 4 Cups Blackberries
- 1 Cup of Splenda, divided into 1/2 cup each
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Milk
- Cool Whip or Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, pour in the blackberries and top them with 1/2 a cup of sugar. Let this sit for an hour to let the juices flow out. I also mashed my blackberries just a bit to get the juices to start coming out of them.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Using a 9 inch microwave safe pie pan, place the stick of butter in the middle of the pan and melt it in the microwave. It should cover the entire pan.
- Next pour in the blackberries, do not mix it into the butter simply place them on top.
- Lastly, mix the remaining Splenda, flour, baking powder, and milk to form the batter. Pour this on top of the blackberries.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with a side of Cool Whip or ice cream.