This dish reminds me of something my husband’s grandma would have made, it’s just one of those comfort meals to me. This was also the perfect meal for our family when we were going through sickness. I think the reason being it isn’t an over powerful flavor so it’s nice and subtle.
Enjoy this delicious, home style dinner!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Lb Sirloin or Thin Steak Sliced against the grain
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 14.5 oz Can Beef Broth
- 5 Green Onions sliced a little white and green
- 1 Clove of Garlic Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 12 oz Bag of No Yolks Egg Noodles Dumpling Size
- Sliced Mushrooms Optional
- Prepare the noodles as instructed on the package.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and then add in the steak and brown it. This should cook for about 5-10 minutes until slightly browned, then add in 1/2 of the can of beef broth, onions, and garlic and continue cooking. Let this simmer for 10 minutes. (If you use mushrooms add these in as well)
- Once this simmers, add in the remaining beef broth and flour then stir continuously until thickened. Next, mix in the sour cream and parsley then let this simmer for another 10 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve over the egg noodles.