Make dinner a comfort meal night with this Beef & Rice Casserole!
One of my favorite meals growing up was Chicken & Rice Casserole, so this past week I decided to mix it up and use beef instead to make a Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole. It was the perfect comfort meal for a rainy day!
How has the weather been in your area? Typically, here in Oklahoma, August is usually miserable with highs well into the 100’s and heat indexes even higher. This year? It’s basically been FALL! Honestly, it has been such a crazy twist of weather, it’s wonderful but strange all the same.
It is starting to heat back up again though, so it was probably just a cruel trick. Although, now again we are supposed to cool off this weekend. I just wish the weather would make up it’s mind!
Of course, when the weather is cooler, I have comfort foods on the brain and this was one of those. I decided to make a creamy casserole using gluten-free cream of mushroom soup. If you aren’t gluten-free, no worries, you can use the good stuff then. I do like though that the gluten-free cream of mushroom, has chunks of mushrooms in it, which is what you will see in the pictures throughout this post.
Beef & Rice Casserole
- 1 Pound Ground Beef, Cooked & Drained
- 1 Bag Frozen Mixed Veggies
- 2 Cups White Rice, Uncooked
- 1 14.5oz Can of Beef Broth
- 1 10.5oz Can of Cream of Mushroom or Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom
- 2 Cups of Water (as needed)
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the beef evenly on the bottom.
- Top with the uncooked rice.
- Evenly pour the broth and cream soup over the entire dish.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Carefully check the dish and be sure the rice is underneath liquid so it's fully cooked, if not you can add additional water or broth as needed.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add the cheese on top, bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Once I added in the creamy soup, I also added some frozen veggies, ground beef, and rice. This baked in the oven for about an hour and out came a delicious dish. We added salt and pepper individually to taste to enhance the flavor. It was delicious and perfect for a lazy evening at home. It can also be prepped ahead too and just pop it in the oven in the evening. I’ve done this one too as a frozen meal, I prepare it then freeze it until I’m ready to make it.
Are you ready for a comfort meal? Time to eat up!
Pin it for later!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Disclaimer: This post contains links to products that I recommend. Many of those links may be affiliate links. In using those links, it does support the ongoing post and recipes shared on this website.