As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Let me start by saying, I am not a bean burrito fan. The only reason I ventured out to make these is that my husband LOVES bean burritos. I could not eat a ton of these, because of my dislike of bean burritos, but I did eat a few and as a non loving bean burrito fan they were very tasty. For the bean burrito fans, my husband LOVED them!
- 15 oz Pinto Beans
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, I used 1/2 a can
- 8 Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Cook the rice as instructed on the package.
- In a medium size skillet add the beans, tomatoes with green chilies, and the cooked rice. Let this simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once this is done simmering, add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to a tortilla and a little cheese. I rolled each tortilla and placed it seam side down in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish. Once all the tortillas were in the baking dish, I topped them with cheese.
The burritos will bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese on top is fully melted. I served these with a can of corn that I mixed with the remaining diced tomatoes.
This is also a great dish to make double of if you like it and have family members who love to eat the frozen, store bought burritos. These can be frozen and reheated in the microwave.
This is a very affordable, healthy dish.