Part of our summer’s include many cookouts; however, I will say we are probably saving our cookouts for fall this year. When I walk outside and I’m in a furnace, cooking out does not seem quite as amusing!
One of the main staples for any good cookout is the coleslaw of course. What better side dish to compliment BBQ? At least that’s my opinion.
Oh and Oven Fried Chicken in the colder months with coleslaw and mashed potatoes?
I’m making myself hungry while I write this.
BBQ Spice Homemade Coleslaw
- 1 Bag of Coleslaw Mix
- 1 Cup Light Hellmanns Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion I used Vidalia onions
- 1 Tsp Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 Tsp Skim Milk
- 1 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp BBQ Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Dill Weed
- Being by pouring the bag of coleslaw into a large bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all remaining ingredients.
- Combine the mayo mixture with the coleslaw mixing well until all of it is covered.
- This can be served immediately or chilled.
Now, go start cooking that big BBQ…don’t melt!