Part of our summer’s include many cookouts; however, I will say we are probably saving our cookouts for fall this year. When I walk outside and I’m in a furnace, cooking out does not seem quite as amusing!
One of the main staples for any good cookout is the coleslaw of course. What better side dish to compliment BBQ? At least that’s my opinion.
Oh and Oven Fried Chicken in the colder months with coleslaw and mashed potatoes?
I’m making myself hungry while I write this.
BBQ Spice Homemade Coleslaw
- 1 Bag of Coleslaw Mix
- 1 Cup Light Hellmanns Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion I used Vidalia onions
- 1 Tsp Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 Tsp Skim Milk
- 1 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp BBQ Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Dill Weed
- Being by pouring the bag of coleslaw into a large bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all remaining ingredients.
- Combine the mayo mixture with the coleslaw mixing well until all of it is covered.
- This can be served immediately or chilled.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Now, go start cooking that big BBQ…don’t melt!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
I love cole slaw as a side…this sounds delicious! I love that you kicked it up!
Monica Schwartz says
What is BBQ spice? This sounds awesome and I of course have a 4th of July cookout to go to and want to make it 🙂
I found it in the spice aisle already made, but here is how to make it with spices you may already have…http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bbq-spice-rub/