We were having a busy night and needed a quick and easy meal, these BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joe Spuds came to the rescue! I simply cooked some ground chicken with a little BBQ Sauce, then we topped it over a spud with all the fixings!
This is also a great pantry style meal for those nights when you are cooking from your pantry. A great thing to do if you want that restaurant style spud is to use two small baking potatoes to make one large spud. Thanks to a low carb diet, I stuck with one small potato but my husband enjoyed the two!
BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joe Spuds
- 1 Lb Ground Chicken
- 2 Cups BBQ Sauce
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion Chopped
- Baked Potatoes
- Toppings for Potatoes Cheese, Sour Cream, Butter
- In a medium skillet on medium heat cook and drain the ground chicken.
- Once the chicken is fully drained return to the skillet and add in the BBQ sauce to completely coat the chicken, peppers, and onions and let this simmer for 10 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Once the potatoes are baked top with all your favorite toppings and a good helping of BBQ Chicken.
- Note: This can also be served on a bun as well.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Leave A Reply!