BBQ Chicken Enchiladas bring a whole new flavor and love to enchiladas!
Back when I first started blogging and cooking regularly, I tried out BBQ Chicken Enchiladas and we instantly fell in love.
Over the years, I have grown to love my basic Chicken Enchilada recipe and have adapted it to be gluten free as well. I decided to use my favorite Chicken Enchiladas and mix in a little BBQ Sauce to give it a whole new flare.
My kids LOVED these and so did my husband. It definitely gives them a sweet and spicy taste. It’s also a nice change from our typical enchiladas as far as flavor goes.
I like to top ours with the leftover filling for the inside too. I use white corn tortillas for ours and that means I can make quite a few more because they are smaller; however, you can always use flour tortillas if gluten isn’t an issue for you.
These BBQ Enchiladas are such a great twist on traditional enchiladas. They give a nice tangy flavor. You’ll find that you start preferring these over the traditional version.
These are also a great dish to share for a potluck, it’s a nice switch. I bet your guests will be surprised when they taste them too.
Are you ready for a delicious dinner night? Make it an enchilada night!
BBQ Chicken Enchiladas
- 16 Taco Sized White Corn Tortillas
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 1 Package Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 10 Oz Can of Rotel
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn
- 1 15 Oz Can of Black Beans
- 2 10 Oz Cans of Gluten Free Mild Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375*.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, then add in the chicken and taco seasoning as instructed on the package.
- Warm up the corn tortillas for 20-30 seconds to make them pliable to avoid tearing.
- Fill the tortillas with meat, rotel, corn, and black beans. Then, roll them up tightly.
- Place them seam side down in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Repeat until the dish is filled, this made 16 for us.
- Once the dish is filled, mix the enchilada sauce and the BBQ sauce, then pour evenly over the entire dish.
- Top with the cheese covering the entire dish.
- Top with the remaining beans, corn, and tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375*.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes, serve warm.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
[email protected] says
That looks awesomely delicious. Fabulous!!!
I tried this one Oh so Good ! Ty