I have been on a muffin kick since purchasing a mini muffin pan a while back. I love that I can make mini muffins which are perfect for my son plus also for me as I am watching my carb intake. I decided to adapt a recipe from All Recipes to make these Banana Oat Mini Muffins.
I used Truvia Baking Blend to cut the sugar and then I also used gluten free all purpose flour; however, you can use regular sugar and regular flour and get the same great result!
These lasted merely a few days between my husband and I we ate them quickly! I tried not to eat too many but my husband probably cleared out at least half of them. These are also great snack items too throughout the day as opposed to chips or unhealthy food items.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored by Truvia, I simply used it because I like it!
Banana Oat Mini Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats or Certified Gluten Free Oats
- 1/4 Cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Sugar Free Vanilla Creamer
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt in a large mixer.
- Then, beat the egg in and stir in creamer, oil, and vanilla. Once this is well mixed add in the banana and combine.
- Spray a mini muffin pan or a regular muffin pan with non stick baking spray. These pans can also be lined with paper baking cups if wanted. They will make 24 mini muffins or 12 regular size muffins.
- If making regular sized muffins bake these at 400* for 18-20 minutes.
- If making mini muffins bake at 400* for 10-15 minutes or until using a toothpick and poking in the center the toothpick comes out clean.