This past week I was starting to miss the kitchen and baking! I decided to head into the kitchen and bake some bread using what I had on hand which happened to be a lot of ripe bananas! So, I ended up adapting my Strawberry Bread to make Banana Bread. It made for a delicious snack or breakfast treat in the morning.
This can be made either with regular flour or gluten free all purpose flour as well.
I paired it with a nice cup of coffee and suddenly my sleepless nights seemed a little more bearable!
Clearly, I forgot about the being up all night when it came to a newborn or I should say my body did. Luckily, I’m getting a little more used to it and on a better routine now.
In the meantime, on to the bread!
- 3 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Oil
- 2 Medium Bananas Peeled and Mashed
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Combine all wet ingredients and mix well. I used my Kitchen Aide Mixer to do this, I like to think though of what my aunt would think about all these modern day conveniences. She would likely have been hand mixing this.
- Once the wet ingredients are mixed well add in the dry ingredients and continue to mix until well combined.
- Spray either 2 bread loaf pans or 1 bundt cake pan with non stick cooking spray. Pour in the batter and bake for 1 hour.
- Note: The batter does come out fairly stiff if making gluten free and not liquid, just pat it into the pan if needed.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Enjoy a quiet moment with coffee and bread this morning!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
Kim | At Home With Kim says
Banana bread is one of my favorite treats with a hot cup of coffee! I’ve not used cinnamon in mine before and that sounds so good. Hope you are soon able to get solid sleep!!! 🙂 Have a great start to your week!!!
Mommy Hates Cooking says
Thank you!! Had some great sleep last night, hopefully that keeps up!