This past week I was starting to miss the kitchen and baking! I decided to head into the kitchen and bake some bread using what I had on hand which happened to be a lot of ripe bananas! So, I ended up adapting my Strawberry Bread to make Banana Bread. It made for a delicious snack or breakfast treat in the morning.
This can be made either with regular flour or gluten free all purpose flour as well.
I paired it with a nice cup of coffee and suddenly my sleepless nights seemed a little more bearable!
Clearly, I forgot about the being up all night when it came to a newborn or I should say my body did. Luckily, I’m getting a little more used to it and on a better routine now.
In the meantime, on to the bread!
- 3 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Oil
- 2 Medium Bananas Peeled and Mashed
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Combine all wet ingredients and mix well. I used my Kitchen Aide Mixer to do this, I like to think though of what my aunt would think about all these modern day conveniences. She would likely have been hand mixing this.
- Once the wet ingredients are mixed well add in the dry ingredients and continue to mix until well combined.
- Spray either 2 bread loaf pans or 1 bundt cake pan with non stick cooking spray. Pour in the batter and bake for 1 hour.
- Note: The batter does come out fairly stiff if making gluten free and not liquid, just pat it into the pan if needed.
Enjoy a quiet moment with coffee and bread this morning!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.