As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Now, let me start by saying this is my new FAVORITE way to eat ‘spaghetti’ although it isn’t actually spaghetti! This past week I started watching my carbs, and cutting WAY back on the amount of carbs I’ve been eating. I’ve found over the past few years that counting calories doesn’t work for me, but tell me what not to eat for instant gluten and that works! So, I’m cutting back on carbs and not really counting calories but cutting out the carbs in my diet. My diet consisted of almost all carbs so surely this will help me get this weight off that so far I’ve had no luck with.
Of course, this means changing up what I eat for instance instead of pasta, I decided to make zoodles with my spiralizer. I liked these better than pasta! Surprisingly, so did my kids and husband. I started this dish off by making Italian Meatballs, then I put them on top of the zoodles. I poured the entire jar of the Homestyle Thick and Hearty Mushroom Sauce on top of it.
Lastly, I added freshly sliced mozzarella to it. I let this dish bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, then I set it to broil for about 5 minutes just to get the cheese browned and bubbly. We literally cleared our plates! That’s right, not a single leftover of this and already my family is asking for this meal again.
The key of course is the sauce, which with the new RAGÚ® Homestyle sauce, you will get a thick and bold taste and flavor that will really bring new life to this meal. I love this hearty sauce and use it regularly on our meals. Are you ready to try one of the new five sauces? I’ve tried almost all of them and love each and every one!
It’s time to head to the store and pick up your sauce and get to making these Baked Zoodles & Meaballs!
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Cup Diced White Onion
- 2 Medium Sized Zucchini
- 1 Jar Homestyle Thick and Hearty Mushroom Sauce
- Sliced Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Parsley to Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together in a medium sized bowl the ground beef, egg whites, garlic salt, and onion.
- Form the meatballs and place them in a greased baking dish. This should make 8 meatballs.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, use a spiralizer to make the zoodles.
- Place the zoodles on paper towel to get all the excess water out.
- Spray a cast iron skillet with non-stick spray, then add in the zoodles.
- Place the cooked meatballs on top of the zoodles.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the meatballs and zoodles.
- Evenly place the cheese on top of the meatballs and zoodles.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, put under the broiler on low for about 5 minutes until the cheese browns.
- Serve topped with parsley.