Baked Honey Dijon Chicken is a lighter way to do chicken without skimping on flavor.
Are you recovering from the holidays yet? It feels good to enjoy the break but also good to get back into a routine. I’m ready for Monday!
It never ceases to amaze me how much faster each year seems to go. I felt like as a kid they were moving along at snails pace and now with kids of my own, I feel like I blink and another year goes by.
Over the holiday, I decided to whip up this Baked Honey Dijon Chicken. At first, I planned to cook it in the skillet but for some reason, I never feel like I can get the chicken well done enough when I cook it in the skillet. So, I decided to go ahead and bake it instead.
This is such a simple recipe, I simply mixed a 12oz Bottle of Honey Dijon Mustard with 1/2 Cup White Cooking Wine. Once the mixture was well combined I dipped each piece of a whole split chicken fryer into the mixture then placed on a greased baking pan. Then, simply bake and dinner is ready!
The Honey Dijon gave it such a delicious flavor, I was eating the leftovers for a week!
Are you ready for an easy recipe after all the baking over the holidays? Try this one!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
- 1 12 oz Bottle of Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup White Cooking Wine
- 2 1/2 Lb Split Chicken Fryer
- Preheat the oven to 400* and spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine the honey Dijon and white wine in a small bowl, mix well.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn and bake for an additional 20 minutes on the other side or until well done.