Baked Honey & Apple Oats are a great addition to your morning routine.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoneyForHolidays #DonVictor #CollectiveBias
As the holidays creep closer, we seem to do a lot of breakfast dishes. We typically do a big breakfast on Christmas morning with our family. During our Christmas breakfast, I like to add a variety of foods to cover all taste and many of those include adding honey to them too.
This past week I was introduced to a type of honey that I have not tried before, Don Victor Honey. It’s made here in the USA, and it has the honeycomb still in the jar. It gives the honey a fantastic taste and it works well in recipes to substitute out the sugar.
I decided to make these Baked Honey & Apple Oats because my kids absolutely love steel cut oats. It makes for a quick and easy breakfast. This time though, I made the recipe using honey in place of the sugar. I thought this would be a little bit better for my kids plus enhance the flavor. I was right on both.
My kids enjoyed this and we decided instead of serving it with milk like we normally do, to pair it with Greek Vanilla Yogurt. It was wonderful.
Not only did it make a good breakfast but also a great snack too. I decided to make these in muffin tins so that they would be in single serving sizes. This makes them easier to take to a brunch too. The big tip though is to be sure to spray the pan well so that they come out easily, or you can use muffin liners too.
Along with the honey, Don Victor also has Whipped Honey products. Have you had whipped honey? This is the first time I’ve tried it and let’s just say you could eat it straight from the jar! This would be fabulous on top of a bagel or slice of homemade bread.
The Don Victor honey can be found at Walmart in the Hispanic Foods aisle. It’s a hidden gem!
What types of recipes do you use honey in? Be sure to share them with us!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Baked Honey & Apple Oats
- 2 Cups Steel Cut Oats or Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats
- 2 Cups Water
- Soaked Oats
- 1/4 Cup Don Victor Honey
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Additional for Topping
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Diced Red Apple
- Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- The night before, pour the water over the oats in a bowl, then let them soak overnight so that they are soft.
- Preheat the oven to 350* when you are ready to begin baking.
- Combine the oats, honey, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, eggs, milk, and apples in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into greased muffin tin.
- Top with additional cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until nicely browned on top.
- Serve with Greek yogurt and drizzled with additional honey.