This past week, ham was on our menu. We tried out a Cure 81 Ham by Hormel that was sure to please the entire family. I’m happy to say that even my picky eater ate this and that’s a rare occurrence in our house!
I picked up a Smoked Cure 81 Hormel Ham at the grocery store, next up was deciding how to serve the ham. I opted to use what was in my pantry which was a can of whole cranberry sauce and a dash of brown sugar! Simple? Exactly!
I have never really felt the need to overly dress up a ham because I love it just as it is! This one had a particularly tasty flavor since it was already smoked. The cranberry sauce gave it a bit of sweetness plus was a nice sauce over the ham.
I simply used about half of the cranberry sauce and spread it over the ham then I sprinkled the brown sugar on top and baked it in the oven for just about 20 minutes! This delicious dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes along with sides! We completed this meal with mashed potatoes and corn. I have to say, I was pleased it was delicious plus we had plenty for sandwiches the next day too!
Baked Cranberry Ham
- Hormel® Cure 81® Classic Boneless Half Sliced Ham
- 1 Can Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- In a large baking dish place the ham carved side down into the dish. Then, using a spatula spread the about 1/2 the can of cranberry sauce all over the ham covering it.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake at 325* for 20-30 minutes or until warm.
- Serve with additional cranberry sauce topping the slices of ham.
Enjoy this delicious family meal!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I am part of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program and was provided with the ham for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.