Get ready for Christmas with Baked Christmas Doughnuts!
I love baked doughnuts and so does pretty much all the members in my family! So, keeping festive I decided to adapt the Baked Vanilla Doughnuts to make these Baked Christmas Doughnuts.
If you are gluten free, I simply use gluten free all purpose flour to make these, that’s a simple switch of flour!
If you are not gluten free just use regular flour.
The icing that I used for these was cream cheese icing; however, you can do a powdered sugar glaze or vanilla icing as well.
This recipe makes 6 doughnuts, but I highly suggest doubling the batch because they will not last long!
Enjoy these festive doughnuts!
Baked Christmas Doughnuts
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1/4 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Butter Melted
- Topping Options:
- Cream Cheese Vanilla Icing, or Powder Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Butter Flavor
- 2 Tsp Skim Milk
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- In a large mixer add in the dry ingredients then mix in the wet ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Spray a Doughnut Pan with bake easy and then using either a spoon or a decorators bag, pipe in the doughnut batter. These typically need to be about 3/4 full to allow a little room for the doughnut to rise.
- Bake these in the oven 10 minutes or until nice and brown. If you are making these gluten free, then you may need to bake for 15 minutes, simply test with a toothpick to be sure they are done in the middle.
- While the doughnuts are baking mix together the glaze ingredients adding more milk if needed. (If you are using the glaze.)
- Let the doughnuts cool on a wire rack.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled drizzle the glaze over the doughnuts or ice with your favorite icing. Top with festive Christmas sprinkles and serve!
- Makes 6