Yesterday, I had one of those days when all seemed to be going well. My daughter slept most of the night, and my son was behaving. We even made it to a few stores and found this awesome heart shaped doughnut pan on clearance! I found it at my local Michaels for $3.99!
Once we were home, I had a list of recipes I planned to make including Baked Chocolate Doughnuts with my new pan. I started in on my doughnuts first and right as I put them in the oven the baby started crying.
Simple…feed her, right? Well, that didn’t make her happy and neither did pretty much anything else that I tried.
So…the doughnuts came out of the oven and waited for a while to be frosted. Finally the baby fell asleep and I slathered on that delicious chocolate frosting. My son was anxious to try one! Next, we decided to sit down and eat one together only he didn’t eat all of his.
That should of been my first sign.
A few hours later, he was asleep on the couch which typically I would say it was because he did not take a nap. This time my husband felt his head and 101* temperature! UGH!
I’m not kidding, I think someone in our family has been sick every other week for the last several weeks. He was perfectly fine all day long then boom.
What does that mean?
I pretty much finished off the doughnuts out of stress. Baby crying? Preschooler sick? Make a batch of these doughnuts then just eat them all, you’ll be sure to burn off the calories being up all night, right?
These were meant to be for breakfast this morning, but I finished them off last night. Whoops! These would make a great treat for your kids though on Valentine’s Day! I also made mine gluten free too.
Happy Almost Valentine’s Day!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Chocolate Baked Heart Shaped Doughnuts
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1/4 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1/3 Cup Baking Cocoa
- Chocolate Frosting
- Heart Shaped Doughnut Pan
- Makes 6
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- In a large mixer add in the dry ingredients then mix in the wet ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Spray a Heart Shaped Doughnut Pan with bake easy and then using either a spoon or a decorators bag, pipe in the doughnut batter. These typically need to be about 3/4 full to allow a little room for the doughnut to rise.
- Bake these in the oven 10 minutes or until nice and brown.
- Let the doughnuts cool on a wire rack.
- Once the doughnuts are cool frost with chocolate and add some sprinkles if you want.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking